random
Hot news

Mother of the Believers Safia bint Huyay bin Akhtab

Home

 


Safia bint Huyay ibn Akhtab

Mother of the Believers Safia bint Huyay bin Akhtab, the tenth wife of the Prophet Muhammad, may

 God bless him and grant him peace.

lineage

Safia's genealogy tree and his encounter with the lineage of the Prophet Muhammad and the lineages of the rest of the mothers of the believers.

She is: Safiyyah bint Huyayy bin Akhtab bin Sa`yah bin Tha'labah bin Ubaid bin Ka`b bin Al-Khazraj bin Abi Al-Habib bin Al-Nadir bin Al-Nahham bin Nakhum.

The Banu al-Nadir were a tribe from the descendants of the Prophet Harun bin Imran bin Qahat bin Levi bin Jacob bin Ishaq bin Ibrahim bin Azar.

Her mother: Barra bint Samwaal, from Banu Qurayza, and she is the sister of the companion, Rifa’a bin Samwaal.

And Banu Quraizah are from the offspring of the Prophet Ya`qub bin Ishaq bin Ibrahim bin Azar.

her marriage

He married her before her conversion to Islam, Salamah bin Makhsuh Al-Qardi, and it was said that Salam bin Mishkam was a knight of her people and one of their great poets, then Kinana bin Abi Al-Haqiq married her, and Kinana was killed on the day of Khaybar, and she was taken with the prisoners, so the Messenger of God chose her for himself, and gave her the choice between Islam and staying on her religion, saying to her: “Choose. If I choose Islam, I will keep you for myself (that is, I will marry you), and if I choose Judaism, then perhaps I will free you and join your people.” She said: “O Messenger of God, I fell in love with Islam and believed in you before you invited me. I have a father and no brother in it, and it chose me to disbelieve and Islam, for God and His Messenger are dearer to me than manumission and that I return to my people.” So the Messenger of God emancipated her and married her, and made her emancipation her dowry, and she was combed by Umm Salim who combed her, perfumed her, and prepared her to marry the Messenger of God. The origin of this story is mentioned in Sahih Al-Bukhari.

And when the Messenger of God found a slap on her cheek, he said: “What is this?” She said: “I saw as if the moon was approaching Yathrib, so it fell on my lap, so I related the dream to my cousin Ibn Abi Haqiq, who slapped me.” I slapped him.

According to Muslim historians, the goal of the Messenger of Islam from her marriage was to cherish and honor her and raise her status, in addition to compensating her with the best of those who lost her family and people.

Her virtues and virtues

She was very much in love with the Messenger of Islam.

On the authority of Zaid bin Aslam, he said: The wives of the Prophet met during his illness in which he died, and his wives gathered to him, and Safia bint Huyay said: “I swear by God, O Prophet of God, I wish that the one who is with you is with me.”

So his wives winked at them, and he said: “They rinsed their mouths.” They said: “From what?” He said: “Whoever winks at you with it, by God, it is sincere.” Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani mentioned it and said: Its chain of transmission is good.

her death

She died in the year 50 AH, and was buried in Al-Baqi, and bequeathed a thousand dinars to Aisha bint Abi Bakr.

google-playkhamsatmostaqltradent